- what is abortion pills Abortion pills is used to terminate pregnancy. It is medical termination of pregnancy on your own will. Abortion pills have 2 types of medicines
These are two active ingredient which belongs to the category of female hormones used for medical abortion of up to 10 weeks or 63 days of fertilisation. Misoprostol is a prostaglandin and Mifepristone is a progesterone antagonist hormones that works together to expel the pregnancy through vaginal bleeding.
- How abortion pills works
This abortion pills has 2 medicines
First intake first pill, mifepristone which help in blocking of hormones which is necessary for pregnancy, to develop the foetus, Few people have some vaginal bleeding after taking mifepristone but it is not common. After 72 hours of intake of first pill, take 2nd pill misoprostol, which cause cramping and bleeding from the vagina that terminate the foetus from the uterus (similar to miscarriage). In most people cramping start within hour but in some people it takes 3-4 hours. It takes 1-2 weeks for complete termination.
Medical abortion is used generally by most of the woman. In US it is very common among women. They are aborting their pregnancies using medicines more than 20 years. Generally, there is no complications of using abortion pills is reported, but there are some complications which are rare but can happen during the use of abortion pills.
- Some time the abortion pills doesn’t work properly and the pregnancy will not end.
- It is very dangerous but using of pills some times does not clean the uterus completely and some of the pregnancy tissues are left in the uterus.
- Clotting of blood also causes in the uterus after using the abortion pills.
- Some times it bleeds for a very long time and in very much quantity, due to excess blood loss women feel weakness.
- A very few times it causes infection in your stomach.
- Allergic reactions is also reported in some women after the use of abortion pills.
All these problems are not arises commonly in women after using abortion pills. If it arises then they immediately consult with the doctor and take care of themselves with good treatment.
They are some other extreme rare cases are also reported in very few women. That are
- There is no bleeding within 24 hours of taking second medicine. i.e misoprostol
- Have excess bleeding through your vagina, that you have to use 2 or more pads within 2 to 3 hours.
- Passing of large sized blood clots which is dangerous, call the doctor immediately in this case.
- Having pain in belly or cramps near belly which doesn’t Curr after intake of painkillers.
- You have fever of 100°c or higher which last for more than 24 hours after intake of misoprostol.
- Women have weakness, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhoea, which last for more than 24 hours after intake of misoprostol is sign of infection cause due to abortion pills.
In all these cases don’t use any medicine without consulting the doctor or don’t use any home remedies or remedies available on Internet for your problem. First consult with the doctor and take your treatment under your doctor surveillance. Otherwise it may cause a very serious loss like you are not able to become pregnant in future or may loose your life also. Like all medicine, abortion pills are also not suitable for every women. So. Its better to consult your doctor before using abortion pills for aborting your pregnancy.